Friday, July 22, 2011

Wet 'n' Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio - Review

You know you have a problem when you can't help but buy some sort of cosmetic when you're at a drugstore. Just something. Anything, really, that looks pretty. I technically broke my self-forced drugstore no-buy for this trio, and I'm very happy to report that it's awesome. The shades are soft, blend-able, pigmented, and it's super cheap! Does it replace my everyday, holy-grail, shadows? Not every single day, but I reach for this usually 2x a week, so that's something. Is it the best palette in the world? No.


Your $4 or so gets you three nice, neutral shadows. This palette is fairly light-toned, none of the colors are deep in any way. I can't see this palette being a go-to for someone of darker skin tones, but for me, an NC15-ish person, it's a great, everyday look. 


You can see I've used it enough to remove the "E" and "C" from the shadows themselves. That should say something. 

Pigmentation wise, these are pretty darn good. From the right side, the browbone color is one of the better highlighting shades I've seen from a drugstore brand. Despite what EmilyNoel83 of YouTube states, it's not a dupe for Shroom (at least, on me. I don't want to start ranting about her dupe video now... but... I could go on and on about how she's not right). For me, Shroom doesn't get frosty. If I still had anything left in my Shroom eyeshadow pan, I'd attempt a swatch, but I can't because it's all gone. Shroom gave an illuminated glow to my skin. This browbone color is a slightly frosty cream (in other words... NOT LIKE SHROOM). The crease color is a shimmery red-toned brown. It's not quite deep enough to define my crease the way I like. The eyelid color is very similar to All that Glitters on me, a shimmery shell-pink color.

I really like this trio. Like the Gilded Age trio, though, this one suffers from the frostiness that is drugstore makeup, it seems. "When in doubt, add frost!" seems to be the mantra of the formulators. I wish the crease shade had been matte, or a little darker, or both. Especially both, since you could use the browbone shade to make it shimmery, should you wish to.

I wouldn't call this a must buy, unless you have no neutrals, or you need a travel palette. It is fabulous for the price, but I think Wet'n'Wild missed the mark with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment