Friday, July 8, 2011

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - Review

I wish this kit had arrived about a week before it actually did, so I could've had this review up for you guys, because I think most people were curious about this product from the Glow your way to Gorgeous kit, but, c'est la vie, non?


Anyway, I have a weakness for concealers. I don't know why, since I tend to only use concealer on my under eye area, but oh well. When I heard rumblings of a new tarte TSV on QVC (ugh), I immediately began to wonder "Do I need this?" Upon finding out what the kit actually had in it, then answer was affirmative.


You may wonder what, exactly, is maracuja? It's otherwise known as passionfruit, here in the U.S., and you don't need to pay Tarte's high price for pure maracuja or passionfruit oil. Just poke around websites that sell soap making oils, and you can find the same thing that Tarte sells for $40+ for a much nicer price tag. Anyway, to find out what benefits you may see from using maracuja oil, please click here (way to many for me to cut and paste, sorry!).




After deciding I "had to have" this kit, the only remaining question was, what shade of concealer do I need? Usually, I need the lightest shade available (I'm on the pale side of NC15), and without swatches, I was flying blindly. I decided upon the shade "Light," remembering the Amazonian Clay foundation in that shade had worked well for me.


This color works amazingly well for me. I posted this picture previously, but I like how well it shows how this concealer compares to other concealers I've talked about, or have used, in the past. This is slightly yellower than the Fit Me concealer, and seems slightly lighter than Moisture Cover Select. The Amazonian Clay foundation looks crazy yellow here!


When taking this picture, I noted how thick this concealer is, and I questioned how a thick cream, like this, could be creaseless. After using this product for several days (everyday since I bought it), I can say I haven't noticed creasing, but I also have to admit that I don't have a lot of fine lines under my eyes (I know my day will come, though!). The concealer lasts all day, doesn't oxidize, and is very, very pigmented.


My only problem is how darn thick this stuff is! I'm seriously afraid the seam at the end of the squeeze-tube container is going to rupture when I'm trying to get the concealer out. I don't have problems blending the concealer using my MAC 224 (the only concealer brush you'll ever need!), though. Maybe it's the small opening at the end of the tube that's the problem?


When this product is released to the general population of Tarte retailers in September, I believe the MSRP will be $24 and change. I think that's a fair price. I like this concealer a lot, and am glad I signed up for the autodelivery (not that I'll need a new concealer in 3 months, but whatever). You can still get the Glow your way to Gorgeous kit here, for $54.96 plus shipping.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have a swatch of this concealer! I, too, am super fair and usually need the lightest shade available and went with the light as well. I ordered today (I just learned about this collection as I have been under a rock)and the fair wasn't available but according to your swatch, it seems like I may be fine. For reference I wear Armani Lasting Silk in shade #2, NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia and my current HG concealer, MUFE Full Cover in 2. I'd still like to see a swatch in Fair, but there doesn't seem to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help! Tarte seems to make their fair shades almost ghostly, I guess. I hope the light shade works for you. Let me know if feel the same way about the thick consistency... I still handle to tube super carefully.

    ReplyDelete