Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow - Review

I need a cream shadow like I need a hole in my head. I've been perfectly happy with my UD 24/7 shadow pencil in Sin, and I've been neglecting my Smashbox Waterproof Shadow/Liners (so nice!), and my MAC Paint Pots (hit or miss). But, with the Glow your way to Gorgeous kit, I found myself with a new cream shadow, the Amazonian Clay Waterproof shadow in "Shimmering Taupe." What else could I do but use it?

The pot is SMALL. Super small. Be prepared, you may pay $25 for a small jar of cream shadow, that's holding 0.1 oz of product. The price is a little high. Like, woah. Moving on....


According to QVC:
 Micronized Amazonian clay intensifies color pigments while working to nourish skin, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture for smooth application. Thanks to a botanical blend of natural plant waxes, the shadow glides on smooth and forms an impermeable layer that protects against sweat, tears, and creasing for hours of wear time. Not only is it super long-wearing, it works to infuse delicate eyelids with Amazonian clay, aloe leaf extract, beeswax, and vitamins A and E. The richly pigmented shadow is formulated without parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, or phthalates.

 "Shimmering Taupe" is a light/mid-toned brown taupe. It's not a "my lid but better/shimmery" shade, like UD's Sin is, it's darker, but still a nice neutral. It's not especially warm toned, but it's on the warmer side of neutral.


Wear-wise, this is fantastic! I still have to use UDPP under it, and set it with a powder shadow (such is my life), but it wears as well as the UD 24/7 Shadow Pencils. I use my finger to apply it, because the brush that was included in the Glow your way to Gorgeous kit is almost useless (no, really). Because the pot is so small, though, it can be hard to get at. The shadow blends nicely with my finger, and is decently pigmented. It's very smooth and slightly creamy feeling. It's not moussey, or sticky.


I really like this product. I like the color, I like the texture a lot, and my shadows last all day over it. I think the price is ridiculous, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment