Friday, January 14, 2011

NOTD: China Glaze Afterglow + LA Splash Be Mine


I had been lusting after Afterglow from China Glaze for months before I finally decided it would be worth paying retail for. And I'm glad I did. Afterglow is a pretty neutral pink with a blue pearl - super pretty, but fairly sheer. I did 2 coats of Afterglow, and decided to add some sparkle and make this my first Valentine's mani. I had picked up LA Splash's Be Mine glitter top coat, which is a clear base, with light pink hearts, and small-sized golden glitter.


Afterglow applied like any other China Glaze, very smooth and easy. Be Mine, however, was a PITA. It was super, super thick, so it looks like I just glopped it on (I didn't! I swear!). I tried to smooth things over with a topcoat of Diamont, and it's lasted 4+ days. The glitter and hearts from Be Mine ended up being the same tone or shade as the pink in Afterglow, though. I was kind of hoping for some contrast, but, hey, live and learn! Plus,I still have visible nail line. Ugh. Oh well. I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment