Friday, January 28, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - Review

When I was a teenager (13), I always loved Maybelline. I have no real reason, other than it was slightly more expensive than Cover Girl, and my mother almost always refused to buy Maybelline stuff for me. And their products always seemed cooler. That trend seems to have carried through the past several years, and now, as I keep moving closer to 30 years old, I still am always intrigued by Maybelline.

When I heard of their new line, Fit Me, I had to laugh a bit. I mean really, it's a great marketing ploy - "Hey! Look at us! We promise you'll find a foundation match! This will be the best foundation for you!" Sure, but those who usually can't find one in Maybelline may still not find one in this range. Maybelline also says: "Flawless; Lets the real you come through beyond matching; Fresh, breathing, natural skin." *sigh* Don't they all say that?

I picked up my bottle of Fit Me at Target for $6.99. After looking at the lightest range of colors, I selected Ivory 115. For reference, I'm a light NC15, Chanel Porcelain, basically fairly pale and warm - weirdly enough, Make Up For Ever's HD foundation in 110 is a smidge pale for me, but color-wise is pretty good. 115 is a very good match for me.I really like the packaging. It looks sleek, more higher-end than most. I also like that they printed, in fairly large print, the shade number on the bottle. It'll be hard for me to not see what shade I wear, and it's not printed on any shrink wrap that I'd throw away.

The foundation is a true liquid foundation, it flows easily from the bottle. I'd love to have a pump top, but I guess since it's easy enough to pour, I'll live without. It applies well, I use my Sephora Platinum Professional Airbrush (#55) and get a good, solid, medium coverage look. This does have a "natural finish," which usually means "oil-slick" for me, having oily skin. I was pleasantly surprised to find, however, this foundation wears well for me. It doesn't oxidize, stays all day, and doesn't get extremely shiny. I use Murad's Oil Control Lotion and MAC's Prep + Prime finishing powder as a base and to set with this foundation.
I like seeing pictures of a foundation next to others I've tried, so I can get a sense of color. Fit Me is a bit less yellow and darker than Revlon's Photo Ready in Vanilla, and is very similar to MUFE HD in 110.

Fit me was a pleasant surprise. This has become my daily foundation, which was rather unexpected - I've used high end foundations for the last 3 or 4 years straight. My only issue is the lack of a pump. This is a win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment