Monday, January 31, 2011

Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting Primer in #1 - Review

One thing I would love to change about my skin is the ruddiness on my cheeks - it's hell to get a blush to look even when you have surface redness going on. After much deliberation, I broke down and bought MUFE's "Microperfecting Primer" in #1, the green shade.

This retails from Sephora for $32. As with all MUFE, Sephora is the exclusive retailer of their products (unless you happen to live near one of the MUFE stores) in the U.S. According to Sephora, this is "A lightweight, oil-free complexion corrector that enhances the skin's texture and primes the skin for makeup application. [This product] deeply nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin, creating a glowing effect. Creates a protective layer on the skin allowing foundation to glide on easily and last longer." The green shade is supposed to "minimize redness."

For the price, you may be questioning the value. Packaged in a taller, more slender tube than it's foundation counterpart, the HD Primer gives you 1 fluid oz of product - which isn't bad, considering I only use a fraction of a pump with each use.

The amount above is enough for me to cover the red on my cheeks, and have a bit left over for my nose, if I need it. I've had my current tube of this primer for about 10 months, and am about halfway through it. As you can see, the product is very pigmented. Texture-wise, it feels like a gel. It does feel hydrating, but I wouldn't want to use this as a moisturizer, due to the pigmentation. The first time I used this, I used it all over my face - HUGE mistake. This is meant to be a targeted-use product. When overused, at least in my experience, you look a bit jaundiced, which isn't exactly flattering.

I can't say I have noticed my foundation applying any better (or worse) than usual, or lasting any longer where I have this product applied. My cheeks tend to be normal/dry. Because of the texture, I think this primer would be okay on oily skin, too. Because of the pigmentation of this product, it really does allow me to wear blushes and have them show up without piling them on.

Overall, this is a fantastic product! Because so little is needed, I feel the price is fine. Sure, it'd be awesome if it were cheaper, but you get a ton of product, and don't need a large amount. I'd strongly recommend this product to any one who has redness, like moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment