Friday, January 7, 2011

First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream - Review



One thing I'm always sure to buy during Sephora's annual Friends and Family sale is a moisturizer. I haven't yet found a holy grail moisturizer, and like most people, I love a good deal. I picked up First Aid Beauty's (FAB) Ultra Repair Cream in October, after hearing many, many good things about it.

This product is available in 3 sizes - a 2.5 squeeze tube, a 6 oz jar (which I have), and a 12 tub.
This is a fairly inexpensive cream, as it ranges from $15 - $39, with the middle size priced at $28. If I recall correctly, the only size available when I ordered was the 6 oz size.

From Sephora's website: "Safe for even the most sensitive skin. Petroleum-free. Contains Colliodal Oatmeal, the only FDA-approved, OTC ingredient for eczema. It's allergy tested, and contains FAB Antioxidant Booster to combat free radicals." This product has a long list of things it is formulated without, including parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, phthalates, GMOs, and Triclosans.

A little about my skin:

I have the classic oily t-zone with normal/dry cheeks. My skin isn't sensitive to any products I've used, however if I think about going outside for more than 10 minutes in the summer, I get a sun burn.

I've been using this on and off for the last 2 months or so, as I was finishing up a sample of another moisturizer. I have patches of mild eczema on my upper arms and my neck, which is what drew to me order this (and the price was awesome). I know some people don't like the idea of using the same product on their body as they do on their face, but, hey - if it works, it works.
When I developed a patch of eczema on my face, and exfoliating alone couldn't get rid of it, I figured it was time to pull out FAB's Ultra Repair Cream.

Sephora's website illudes to a whipped texture, which I don't see. This is a fairly dense cream, but it feels weightless when applied lightly. You do not need to slather this on, the amount shown above will work for about 1/4 of my face. This cream does not leave a greasy film on your skin, and would make a great day cream (I prefer to have some SPF in my moisturizer for day time), although I tend to only use it at night. 6 oz may last me for the rest of my life, though.

The small patch of eczema was literally gone the next morning after using this cream. Gone. I was impressed, and still am. Now having been using this nightly, my skin feels smooth and moisturized all day - even though I only use this at night. I haven't developed any new eczema on my face, which is awesome (of course), or any dryness like I tend to have this time of year (we use a fireplace as our main source of heat, and if you've ever lived in a house with a fireplace, you may know what I mean). I'll be very curious to see how this moisturizer will perform in the summer, when my skin isn't as dry.

If you need a moisturizer, and don't want to pay a ton, but still want a quality product, I'd recommend checking out FAB's Ultra Repair Cream. If you don't plan on using it for your face and body, you may wish to purchase the 2.5 oz size, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment