Saturday, January 22, 2011

NOTD: Chanel Black Pearl


I'll admit it. I am a sucker for Chanel's nail polishes. I know they're expensive ($25.00 - the first colors I purchased from this line were $19.00, and I couldn't believe I was willing to pay that price!), but I just love them. They wear decently on me, and I usually only get colors that are unique (with only 1 true exception - I own Black Satin, but it's my only cream black), so I don't actually own too many.
As soon as I had read that Chanel was releasing a color called "Black Pearl," I knew I had to have it. I didn't care if I had to sell all of my worldly possessions, I would own, and love it. I waited patiently for details, hoping this color would truly mimick the hues of natural black pearls, and I haven't been disappointed.
Black Pearl was released with Chanel's Spring 2011 line, and leave it to Chanel to buck the typical pastel pinks and lavendars every one else is releasing, and include a rich black with a green/blue pearl. Black isn't even the right word. In the worst case, this color appears as a gray with a hint (very subtle hint) of green. In sunlight you really see the duochrome black/green.

The formula on this was standard Chanel - not thick nor thin, perfectly in the middle. I couldn't get away with only 1 coat, though. For full color depth, I used 2. Two coats of Black Pearl topped with 1 coat of Nubar's Diamont stayed about 3 days with 0 chips or tipwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment