Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Labello Good Night Kiss lip balm - Review

Now that I've blathered on and on about lip balms I wasn't impressed with, it's about time I discuss one I really, really like. Too bad it's hard to come by in the states.

Labello is not an American company. They are sort of like the European label of Nivea, except Nivea is German, like Labello. So, I don't get it, really. Regardless, where I am, I can't go buy Labello. I received Good Night Kiss in a lovely swap, and I'm so glad I did.

I have lips that tend to be on the dry side, which are exacerbated by the cold and amplified by the dry, heated air that my house is filled with. Without a good, heavy-duty lip balm, my lips are dry, flakey, and essentially gross. Between exfoliation (to remove the dried skin) and a good balm, my lips can have some semblence of attractiveness during the winter months.


Prior to Good Night Kiss, I really like philosophy's very emollient lip balm in "kiss me." It had a thick, yet smooth texture that melted into my lips and help soothe them and gave a sheer red tint. Good Night Kiss has the same texture, but no color. The philosophy product also had a pleasant, sutble citrus scent, which Good Night Kiss lacks. The big difference between these two products, and why Labello's balm is simply better, is how my lips feel the next morning. Good Night Kiss protects my lips all night. The philosophy balm lasts a long time, don't get me wrong, but there were times where it felt like I hadn't put it on, and I needed to reapply immediately upon waking. There have only been 1 or 2 times in the past month where I've had that need with Good Night Kiss.


Anyway, Good Night Kiss comes in a blue, opaque, squeeze-tube. It has a slant-tipped applicator. As previously stated, the balm is thick, and melts into your lips, without any sort of color added.

My only major issue with Good Night Kiss is the scent/taste. It has a petroleum-based, vaseline-like scent and taste that's icky. It doesn't last more than a minute, but it's still kind of gross.

If you have dry lips, and can put up with a moment of ickiness upon application, I really recommend Good Night Kiss. If you can't handle the ickiness, the philosophy very emollient lip balm is a great choice, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment