Friday, March 2, 2012

Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray - Review

It's a fact - I have oily skin. I am willing to try almost anything to make it possible for me to skip blotting through out the day, including a specific setting spray. When in Ulta several weeks ago, I found a mini-size of Urban Decay's De-Slick spray, and decided to give it a try.
A full size, 4.0 oz bottle retails for $29, and the mini size gives 0.34 oz for $12. Obviously the full size is the better value, but, because I wasn't convinced this would work, I figure I saved myself $17 by trying the smaller size. It appears the small size is an Ulta exclusive, as it's not listed on the Sephora site.

Sephora says:
This high-tech, hypoallergenic formula keeps skin looking beautifully matte all day, without clogging pores or causing breakouts. The weightless mist absorbs excess sebum and controls surface shine, leaving your makeup looking fresh and newly applied. Your makeup won't melt when it's hot or become dehydrated and cracked when it's cold and windy because Urban Decay's patent-pending Temperature Control Technology, which lowers the temperature of your makeup to hold foundation, eye shadow, blush, and concealer in place. 
Unfortunately, this product did nothing for me. Nothing. Other than annoy me, that is. The directions state you should spray this on, then apply your foundation as usual, then spray your face again. I'm fairly certain these instructions are more for Urban Decay's benefit rather than yours, though - this bottle lasted me about a 7 days. No joke. And, I didn't even spray my face twice per use, thinking that might be overkill. In the end, it didn't matter if I just spray before foundation, just after foundation, or both before and after, the results were the same. I was still as oily at the end of my day as I am without this product at all.

I can't recommend this. At all. It did nothing for me, and thus, was a waste of $12.

No comments:

Post a Comment