Sunday, March 4, 2012

Clinique Flirty Honey Almost Lipstick - Review

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a lipstick girl - I don't want to reapply anything, with the exception of lipgloss. I want to do my face once, and then be good until I'm done for the day. Lipsticks in the past always managed to wear off terribly unevenly, causing me to feel I looked ridiculous. Thus, I'll only wear them on the weekend, when I'm only going to be out and about for a few hours. Sheer lipstick/balm hybrids are nice, because they wear off rather silently. When I heard Clinique was relaunching their Almost Lipstick Line, I was curious - I had tried Black Honey, and was wondering what the other shades would be like.
 Almost Lipsticks are a thin, sheer balm with a hint of color. They are fragrance free, which means they smell sort of waxy - not super waxy or gross, but, I wish they had some fragrance to them. By hint, it is more like a brief mention. Sephora says:
Not quite a gloss, and not quite a lipstick, this transparent formula merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create a look that's all your own. Its sheer, emollient-rich formula glides on for easy layering. 
Clinique released 7 new shades to complement Black Honey. I selected Flirty Honey, which appeared to be a coral-pink.
In reality, it looks hot pink in the tube, and gives a soft, sheer gloss of warm pink on my lips, with a little tiny bit of coral. Not a whole lot of coral to be found. There are two swatches on my inner wrist. On the left, a single pass. On the right, several (maybe 6?). Granted, my wrist isn't the same as my lips, but, I think you get the idea of how sheer this is. Almost Lipsticks are one of those products that the manufacturer claims "becomes" your perfect shade. Well, they don't. They are the shade they are, but in the case of Almost Lipsticks, they give a satiny shine with a little color. They are very comfortible, and feel like a very light weight balm with some slip. Not like Revlon Lip Butters or MAC Slimshines which feel like a light lipstick, Almost Lipsticks are more balm than anything else.

These don't last too long on me, about 2 hours, after which I'm not able to feel that slip anymore. I haven't noticed any staining, either, which means they cleanly disappear. My lips don't feel moisturized or dried out after they wear off, just some happy medium.

These retail for $15, and are available anywhere Clinique is sold. I really like Flirty Honey, and if I actually finish it, I would definitely repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment