Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stila Convertible Lip and Cheek Color in Gerbera - Review

Stila is a line that confuses me. Most of their products seem overpriced for the amount of product you get, and don't seem to perform well enough to make that price worth it. Out of all of the Stila I've had, I've only kept a few things - including the Smudgestick in Lionfish, and this blush. I love it so much, I wear it daily and have hit significant pan.
Convertible Lip and Cheek Colors are designed to be worn on the lips or cheeks, however, they are extremely drying on the lips, at least to me. So, I wear this exclusively on my cheeks. Stila says:
Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves to be irresistible.
This versatile favorite brightens cheeks and lips with creamy, translucent color. Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips. The sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. Our two-in-one compact holds the key to easy, monochromatic makeup. A must-have in every stila girl's kit. 
These are housed in color-coded compacts. $25 gets you 0.15 oz of cream blush. Bobbi Brown's version of this product, Pot Rouge, cost $24, and you get 0.38 fl. oz. I'll review Bobbi's version in a bit, but you can see how little product the Stila Convertible Colors have.
That being said, however, I've been using Gerbera almost daily for about 2 years. At first, I used my fingers to apply and blend, but found I was using a ton of product and was having some difficulty getting an application that looked good. I've found the best brush for this blush is the Sonia Kashuk cream blush brush, with the black ergonomically styled handle. The bristles are nice and dense; tapping this brush in the compact twice gives me the perfect amount of blush, which I can blend out slightly with my foundation brush.
Gerbera is a peachy-pink color with a nude tone to it, so it looks natural. I love it. I really, really do. As noted before, I literally wear this everyday for 2 reasons - 1) it's a no-brainer for me to apply now, and 2) I sort of want to use it up. I say sort of, because I'll be sad to finish it, but still, I have 3 (!!) Pot Rouges to get to.


I like the fact that this hasn't dried up at all. It's still the same consistency it was when I started using it, which is awesome considering the compact isn't air-tight. I thought it'd dry out, or start to change texture on me, and it hasn't. It does seem to collect hairs and dust from my brush or the environment, though, so it looks kind of gross, but that's to be expected, I think, for a cream-type product.


Overall, I obviously like this blush. I would recommend it, and certainly plan on replacing it, once I have a need to. I feel it's a bit overpriced, however, considering you can get more for your money from Bobbi Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment