Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade - Review

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for MAC MSF. I have LE-fever when it comes to these things. I had the opportunity to swap for Lightscapade, one of the most sought-after highlighters from MAC. It's "the best," not glittery, just a barely-there, glowy, highlight. It's being repromoted in the MAC for Cindy Sherman collection, for anyone who wishes to pick it up at retail, on 09/29/2011.


The best part of this product, sadly, is how it looks in the pan. The only word suitable is serene. It's so gorgeous in the pan, soft swirls of blue, violet, pink, and faint gold (not shimmery or glittery gold, though), with a beige background. I could seriously stare at all day.


The swatch is... disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, exactly, but this was not it. It's a barely there shimmer on me. Granted, my arm is just about fishbelly shade, but still. On my face skin, it's a whole lot of.... not much. I've used a MAC 109, a NARS Yachiyo, even my fingers, to get this to show up on me, and it doesn't. It's worth noting that I'm a light NC15, and my arm is probably NC10 or lighter.

Since I can't see this on my face, I can't tell when it's worn away. So, I can't comment on the durability of the product.

Overall, this is $29 of... nothing, I guess. It's very, very, very pretty in the pan. So peaceful, delicate, and calming (who knew a baked powder could make me so mellow?), but it's just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment