Friday, April 29, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil in Rehab - Review

I still love the 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin. I've been forcing myself to use the other pencil I have from this line, Rehab, and have been a bit disappointed in this particular shade. You can find my previous post, about Sin, here.



The color is gorgeous! A warm-ish brown taupe. I really wanted this to work for me like Sin did. The pencil applied like a dream, gliding smoothly over my lid, and I had time to smudge if I wanted to, although I had to work quickly. Because this color is not a flesh-tone, I felt I had to be a bit more precise when applying this shadow pencil.



Things just didn't work out, regrettably. I don't really know what the deal is, but this pencil always creases on me. I've tried it over UDPP, without UDPP (terrible!), with pressed eyeshadow, with loose eyeshadow applied dry, wet, and wet then set lightly with dry. To be fair, Sin creased on me if I didn't have UDPP under it. I've tried it sheer, I've tried it heavily applied, and nothing worked. Within 5 hours, I had creasing. Within 7 hours, things started to fade.

Because Rehad didn't work for me, I can't recommend it. Maybe if you have normal, non-oily, eyelids, you may have more success with this pencil. This does make me concerned about the rest of the shadow pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment