Friday, April 8, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil in Sin - Review

After I was awarded with unexpected bonus at work, I ran to Ulta (it's much more convenient to get to than Sephora, and I craved immediate satisfaction). Unfortunately, I had lemmings. So I wandered around a bit, and happened upon the 24/7 Shadow Pencils that are new this year. I had read other reviews and seen swatches, but wasn't grabbed by them, mostly because I thought (as many have noted), they're just uber expensive dupes of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils. I swatched a couple on my arm and found myself enamored with Sin and Rehab, which I ended up purchasing. I'll review Rehab in a bit (I need to use it more), but I can safely say this: for my eyelids, the 24/7 Shadow Pencils seem to be totally worth $20.



Sin is a warmish champange shade, a great "My lid but better" type of color that makes it a fabulous base for pretty much any nude look for my NC15 lids. I find that shadows, including those from Linnaeus Cosmetics and other loose shadows, last all day without creasing or fading when worn over Sin. Because it's a nude-type color, it doesn't compete under neutral eyeshadows.


Urban Decay was right to include "Glide on" in the name of this product - they really do glide on to the skin. I found the NYX version to be a little rough on the skin (which can be especially annoying since my eyelids, like yours, do not appreciate being tugged on or scratched). Both Sin and Rehab apply very smoothly. I don't find these to be especially blendable, though. That may be why I like Sin as much as I do - I don't have to blend it, because it's ultimately going to be covered by whatever eyeshadow I'll be wearing that day. I can wear Sin over UDPP alone, but it does tend to crease a bit on it's own (that's after a 12-hour stint on my lids, though).

I always start with UDPP on my lids. I did try to skip that step, and was not surprised that my eye of the day was a little sad looking by the end of the day. I doubt these pencils can withstand oily lids alone. Not much really can, in my experience, so I don't hold it against this product.

Overall, I'm really impressed with Sin. It's been incorporated into my daily regimen because it's so easy to use and works beyond my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment