Friday, June 17, 2011

MAC Eyeshadow in Sumptuous Olive - Review

A long time ago, in a land about an hour south of my current location, I unwittingly was conned into signing away thousands of dollars over a period of several years. I blame the awesome counter manager (at the time) of the MAC counter at the Salem Nordstrom store. It's all her fault. The subject of this review is one of the first MAC shadows I ever purchased. In fact, I'm still using the same pot!


Sumptuous Olive is a veluxe pearl eyeshadow from MAC's permanent range. Described as a "khaki with pearl," it was recommended to me by a national MAC artist. After hemming and hawing, I asked the counter manager what she thought, and she very confidently seconded the other artist's opinion. To my eye, this shadow is an olive green with a strong gold pearl. I love the way this shadow brings out the green in my eyes, which are usually a sort of muddy green. The shadow is fairly versatile, as well, because it can change appearance depending upon the color underneath it. A green base seems to bring out the green tones, while brown or gold bases seem to bring out the gold (brilliant, I know).


Veluxe pearls are among my favorite eyeshadow textures, because they tend to be super pigmented, blendable, and have a soft metallic finish.

Because this color is from MAC's permanent range, it is available in a standard pot for $14.50, and in a pro pan for $11.00. You can pick this color up at any MAC counter or store.

This is a holy-grail item for me. I use it at least three times a week, if not more. When I use this shadow up (and I will), I will definitely repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment