Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - Review

After finishing my last full size primer, I decided to explore the samples I had hanging around. Then, I started hearing awesome things about Hourglass's Veil Mineral Primer, and it somehow found it's way into my Sephora Friends & Family order. I've been using it for about 3 weeks, and here are my thoughts.
Packaged in a lightly frosted glass vial, with a pump applicator, this is the smaller size. $17 gets you 0.33 ounces of primer, however, $52 gets you 1 fluid ounce. I love the fact that a smaller size is available - I don't have to spend a ton to get a good sized trial.
The tube is clearly labelled, which is nice. I haven't noticed any fading on the lettering, which is great. That says a lot about the quality of the packaging. Again, this is a glass tube - glass. Who packages a mini size in glass? Hourglass, that's who!

From Sephora's website:
This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.
If you couldn't tell from the pictures of the vial, the product is a white cream. It's extremely light weight, and blends to nothing. It definitely leaves that silicone-y feeling behind on your skin, which I don't find unpleasant. This primer does provide an SPF of 15, which is a nice touch. It does keep my foundation looking great all day, but I haven't noticed it minimizing the appearance of my pores. I don't have fine lines, so I can't speak to how well it "distributes" light. I still end up being shiny at the end of my day due to oil, but that's par for my course. I do feel I appear less oily than I have with other primers, like Smashbox's Photo Finish (I used it for 2 days and could just tell it was not meant to be... I could see oil derricks being constructed on my nose and forehead).

Overall, I'm very impressed with this product. I am considering putting down $52 on the full size, but I have a few other primers to check out (trying to use up samples is getting tiring, but I want to start reducing the amount of clutter, and scads of samples take up a lot of room).

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

(I was amazed at how short this list is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment