Friday, May 27, 2011

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Review

Being an oily-skinned gal, I'm always looking for a good mattifying powder. Because I have large pores, I also want a powder that will help disguise or minimize them. I've had reasonable luck with MAC face products, and when they released their finishing powder, which is supposed to help with both of these concerns.

From MAC's website:

A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin.

That sounds all fine and dandy. For $23, you get 8 grams of white powder that applies without color. The jar is short, and very sleek, like most of MAC's packaging. This powder is very silky feeling, and moves/flows very nicely. Unlike the Makeup For Ever HD powder, this powder doesn't leave any sort of white cast to the skin, which is awesome. It also didn't cling to any dry areas.


Regrettably, it doesn't do anything for me. I've tried over, and under my foundation. I've tried using it over and under my foundation at the same time, too. My face ended up looking greasy within hours of first applying. Yes, I can blot, and many people do, but I don't want to. I'm the kind of person who wants to apply and then forget about, my make up. While some people may not mind touching up, I just don't want to. With regards to my pores, well, they still looked huge. In no way did they appear smaller or diffused.

I really wanted to like this powder, but, it doesn't work for me. I won't repurchase, and can't recommend this to girls who, like me, struggle with oiliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment