Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleek Pout Polish Pink Cadillac - Review

I miss MAC Tendertones. They were the best lip gloss/balm ever. The flavor/scent was great, the colors were beautiful (although, sort of pointless, since very few had any pigment at all. *sigh* Why did they stop bringing them out in favor of those terrible Sun Tint things?




I'm happy to say, however, I believe I've found an adequate replacement from Sleek - their Pout Polishes are pretty darn good. I've used Pink Cadillac almost every day for the past 2 weeks, and I'm really digging it.


Sleek says:
A tinted lip conditioning balm formulated with natural oils such as Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract and Vitamin A, C and E to help condition the lips and lock in moisture.

It also includes SPF15 to help protect the lips from sun exposure.

Using a lip brush or fingers, apply a small amount to the upper and lower lips for a sheer wash of colour and gloss.


Pink Cadillac is a scary-bright pink in the tube, and even on the lips you can definitely see the color, but it's softer, almost a jelly-type finish, that's sheer. No sparkle, and it's not super glossy, either. This shade produces enough shine to catch the light, but that's about it, which is refreshing. The texture is thin (although you could totally build the product up, if you wanted, but why?). These aren't really sticky, although I would say they're a tiny bit tacky, and they don't last forever on the lips, either. I get about 2 - 3 hours wear, without eating and minimal talking, with this. I haven't really experienced any stain-effect from the balm, so as it wears off, the color appears to go with it.


The lasting effects of the moisturizers, though, is great. My lips feel soft, smooth and moisturized (just like a Tendertone!). The scent is sort of blah - a creme brulee-type scent. There's a touch of something sort of unpleasant there, though. Most likely, it's the SPF interfering with whatever flavor Sleek put in these.


Overall, I really, really like this. I believe all of the available shades would like work for pretty much anyone who wanted to try them, because they're sheer. The SPF inclusion is pretty awesome, too. Those of us that are not lucky enough to live in England can buy these direct from Sleekmakeup.com for $6.50 (plus a slightly unreasonable $10 or so for shipping). 

No comments:

Post a Comment