Friday, March 25, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Review

I really shouldn't be purchasing any more concealers. I have one that works, and that should be enough, right? Apparently not, because when Fred Meyer had all of their cosmetics on sale as buy-one-get-one 50% off, I picked up the Fit Me Concealer as one of my little treasures.

The packaging, like the rest of the Fit Me line, is sleek and simple. I sort of prefer a short, fatter tube to the long and slender variety, like this is, but I can live. The tube is identical to the Colorsensational Lipglosses (which probably saved Maybelline from having to design a new tube). After some careful thought, I ended up with shade 15, which according to the little chart included on the displays, went with the liquid and powder foundation shade 115. Typically, I try to use a slightly lighter shade for my concealer, since I usually only use concealer under my eyes, but for what ever reason, shade 10 looked darker in the tube (what's up with that?). 15 is actually a great match.

This concealer stays all day, however, I've noticed it can encourage my foundation to cake a bit over it. It provides surprisingly awesome coverage, though. I didn't really find it necessary to use my Bobbi Brown Corrector under my eyes with this concealer, and it covered the few blemishes I have easily. I'm very impressed by this.

It has a matte-ish finish. Not what I'd call glowy, but it's not a flat matte finish either. I don't find it necessary to set with powder, which is nice. I usually use the doe-foot applicator to deposit a small amount on the back of my hand, and use my MAC 224 to actually apply this to my face. It blends in fairly easily. The formula isn't super thin, nor thick. It's in the middle, and can tend to drag if too much is on the brush.

Would I purchase this again? I think so. I really do like it, and I've been holding a candle for MAC's Moisturecover Select concealer for a while. I need to use up some things, but I think I'll buy this once I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment