Thursday, April 19, 2012

NARS Lhasa Eyeshadow - Review

NARS is one of those brands that puts out awesome stuff that I happily buy, and am constantly disappointed in. Usually, it's not because the product is bad - it's because it's just like something else that I own. Usually. I picked up Lhasa, a relatively new eyeshadow single, from Sephora.com, and was super happy to look at it in the pan. Swatched, it seemed sort of meh. On the lid, even worse.


NARS shadow singles are $24 for 0.07 oz of product, which isn't a terrible value. They come packaged in a sleek, soft-touch rubber compact, with a ridiculously sized mirror that is useful to no one. They look nice, though, as long as you keep the compact clean. Keeping it clean can be a challenge, which is why I typically store them in their boxes.
MAC Moth Brown on top, NARS Lhasa on bottom
Lhasa is a "lavender grey," according to NARS. I'm not inclined to disagree. I thought initially it may be close in color to MAC's Moth Brown, but it's not. Moth Brown is brown/lavender/grey, where Lhasa lacks that touch of brown.

So, it's pretty, it's NARS, and you get a decent amount of shadow. What's wrong? Well, it's crappy shadow. Seriously. Maybe mine was defective, or something, but I had to really work to get that swatch. Like, multiple passes over the shadow, and my wrist. Using my trusty MAC 239 to pat the shadow on my lid was equally bad - a brush that performs beautifully for 90%+ of the shadows I use it for, could barely make this shadow appear on my lid. Barely. No pigmentation, or a super-hard pressed shadow, I guess, were to blame.

I don't typically return cosmetics. I returned this. And I will definitely think long and hard about purchasing NARS shadows in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment