Tuesday, June 12, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara - Review

I've never, in my make-up loving life, used a L'Oreal mascara before. They seem to fall into that "love it or hate it" realm, and I've been too busy trying other things. I'm not sure what prompted me to pick up False Lashes several weeks ago, but I did, and here's what I thought.

Packaged in a shiny, oddly shaped gold tube, this mascara retails from $7.99 - $9.99 or so in my area. The tube is triangular at the ends, and has flat, facet-type sides (which means it doesn't roll around - nice touch). The L'Oreal website states:
"[This mascara] features a unique blend of long and short nylon and rayon fibers... to deliver lashes that look fuller, longer, curled and sculpted..."
The brush is a traditional fiber brush, which I prefer. This mascara was my first time using a fiber mascara, which means fibers are mixed into the formula, to make it more lengthening and volumizing. The brush tapers at the point and the fibers are not cut in a conical fashion. Rather, one side of the brush has the bristles cut in a slightly curved fashion.

The tube does not do a great job of removing excess product from the trip of the wand, as you can see above. A minor annoyance, but you end up pushing dried out product back into the tube, if you scrape this extra mascara back on the opening of the tube.

So, does it deliver? Well, yes and no. My lashes looked longer, and slightly fuller. I could even say they seemed a bit more curled than usual, but sculpted? I don't think so. Also, this mascara did not do well over my lash primer from Clinique at all. Way too much volume (and coming from a volume fan, that's saying something). I appreciate that this mascara seemed to start off being dry, and didn't seem to get drier as time went on until about the last week (week # 6 of use), when it started getting dry and causing a spider-lash affect.  I purchased this mascara in the black shade, and it's nicely pigmented, and matches most other "Blackest Black" type mascaras.

I didn't experience any smudging, flaking or migrating with this mascara. It dried on my lashes pretty quickly, which I like. If my eyes watered, the mascara didn't move from my lashes. It wasn't a pain to remove, but it didn't come off super easy, either. I found using a dual-phase eye makeup remover in addition to my oil cleanser was a good idea.

Overall, it was a nice mascara, and worth a look. Because I couldn't deal with the dryness after about 6 weeks. I don't know if this tube had been on the shelf for a while, or if it's a dry formula, but it wouldn't have lasted the full 3 months. I'm also a mascara ho, so I have wa-ay to many more to try. In a pinch, I'd buy this, but only to tide me over until I was able to get a different mascara.

2 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't like the dryness of it and how it was hard to get the extra off. I think I'll still buy this. Well buy this while its on sale anyway. I never tried a fiber mascara so hopefully this isnt a flop for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi could i please have the Mac x-rocks blush my paypal is hagarlamptey11@gmail.com i live in the uk you can invoice me

    ReplyDelete